(i)Dey, Anindita. “The Politics of Watching in the Narratives of Detection and Crime: A Study of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and The Erasers.” The IUP Journal of English Studies 8.4 (2013): 7-20. Print. (ISSN: 0975-6248)
(ii)---. “Racism, Ethnicity and Identity Represented in Deviance and Detection in the Narrative World of Detective Fiction.” Literary Insight 5 (2014): 58-63. Print. (ISSN-0973-3728)
(iii)---. “Power and Narrative Pleasure in Twentieth Century Detective Fiction: Contesting the Authority in The Day of the Jackal and Angels and Demons.” Journal of Popular Culture 48.5 (2015): 878-897. Print. (ISSN: 0022-3840)
(iv)---. “Detection and the Art of Othering in Wilkie Collins’ Moonstone.” Contemporary Discourse 9.1 (2018): 342-47. Print. (ISSN: 0976-3686)
(v)---. Feb 2022."Weaving Fiction from Facts in the Adventures of Feluda." South Asian Review. https://doi.org/10.1080/02759527.2022.2033072
(vi) Contributed a Biographic Entry “Byomkesh Bakshi” in 100 Greatest Literary Detectives edited by Eric Sandberg and published by Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, USA, July 2018. ISBN: 978-1-4422-7822-6 (Hardback), 978-1-4422-7823-3 (eBook)
(vii) Contributed a chapter “Getting to Know Marginal Detectives” in Reflection Vol II, Jan 2016, p. 100-13. (ISBN: 978-81-921849-7-5)
(viii) Contributed a chapter “The Legacy of Bengali Detectives: An Overview” in Reflection Vol IV, Aug 2019, p. 29-39. (ISBN: 978-93-82931-24-9)
(ix) Authored a Textbook Language and Linguistics: A Handbook for Beginners, August 2020, WorldView Publications, Delhi, ISBN: 978-93-82267-60-7
(x) Authored a Monograph titled Sherlock Holmes, Byomkesh Bakshi, and Feluda: Negotiating the Center and the Periphery, 2022, Lexington Books, The Rowman &Littlefield Publishing Group, USA, ISBN: 978-1-4985-1210-7 paper/978-1-4985-1211-4 electronic
OP/RC/Seminar/wokshop Partcipation :
1. Orientation Programme: UGC, ASC, Gauhati University, 28 days (6.11.2006-3.12.2006)
2. Refresher Course: UGC ASC, Gauhati University, 21 days (10.3.2008-30.3.2008)
3. Refresher Course: UGC, ASC, Gauhati University, 21 days (10.3.2014-30.3.2014)
4. Short Term Course: University of North Bengal, 7 days (8.6.2017-14.6.2017)
5. Resource Person in an Orientation Programme for Teachers on “Content Enrichment for TGT (English)”, 08.05.2013, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Golaghat, Assam.
6. Resource Person on the topic “Lewis Carroll’s Through the Looking Glass” for an online Lecture Series organized by the Dept. of JDSG College, Bokakhat, Assam, on 31st July and 1st August, 2020.
7. Short Term Course in Film Appreciation, organized by JB College Campus Film Society, Assam Film Society & Federation of Film Societies of India; Duration: 7 days (29.06.2017 to 05.07.2017)
SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS:
- Presented a paper titled “Racism, Ethnicity and Identity Represented in Deviance and Detection in the Narrative World of Traditional Detective Narratives” in an International Seminar on Ethnicity, Identity and Literature organized by the Department of English, The Sibsagar College, Joysagar on 11- 14 October, 2012.
- Presented a paper titled “Authority and Utopia in Detective Fiction: An Analysis of the Never-Land in Sherlock Holmes Adventures” in the Fifteenth International Conference of the Forum on Contemporary Theory, Vadodara, held in Allahabad in collaboration with The Department of English and Modern European Languages, University of Allahabad during 16-19 December 2012.
- Participated in a National Conference on Lives of Indian Saints and The Claims of Devotion: Comparative Perspectives, organized by the UGC SAP-DRS Project, Department of English and Foreign Languages, Tezpur University on 15-16 February, 2012.
- Participated in a National Conference on Narratives of Migration and Memory in Assam, organized by the UGC SAP-DRS Project, Department of English and Foreign Languages, Tezpur University on 28 February 2012.
- Participated in a National Conference on The Form and Function of Travel Writing in Northeast India: Interdisciplinary Concerns, organized by the UGC SAP-DRS Project, Department of English and Foreign Languages, Tezpur University on 30 March, 2013.
- Presented a paper titled “Negotiating Colonial Discourse and Postcoloniality in Canonical and Marginal Detective Texts: A Select Study of Conan Doyle, Saradindu Bandyopadhyay and Satyajit Ray” in the 44th Popular Culture Association Conference at Chicago, USA, on 16-19 April 2014.
- Presented a paper titled “The Dilemma of Existence: Urbanization, Disintegration and Hyperreality in Paul Auster’s City of Glass” in the 18th International Conference on The Wider Significance of Nature organized by the Forum on Contemporay Theory in collaboration with Departments of English and History, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, on 20-23 December 2015.
- Presented a paper titled “Trajectory of Criminality: Ideological Mapping of Select Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Crime Fiction” in an academic conference on Crime Fiction, Felony, Fear and Forensics organized by the Captivating Criminality Network at Bath Spa University, UK, on 23-25 June 2016.
- Participated in a National Seminar on Emerging Issues of Agriculture and Allied Sector in North East India: Past, Present and the Way Forward, organized by the Department of Economics, Debraj Roy College, Golaghat, on 7 and 8 April 2017.
- Presented a paper titled “Detective Fiction in Bangla: Byomkesh Bakshi and the Representation of Identity” in a National Seminar on English in India: Curricular, Cultural and Critical Shifts organized by The Department of English and Foreign Languages, Tezpur University, on 28-29 March, 2019.
- Presented a paper titled “Sociocultural Reality and Factual Information: Reading Beyond the Fictional Deviant World in the Adventures of Feluda” in an academic conference on Metamorphoses of Crime: Facts and Fiction organized by the Captivating Criminality Network at G. d’Annunzio University, Pescara, Italy, on 12-15 June, 2019.
- Chaired a session “Factual Forensics and the Media: Forms of Interaction” in an academic conference on Metamorphoses of Crime: Facts and Fiction organized by the Captivating Criminality Network at G. d’Annunzio University, Pescara, Italy, on 12-15 June, 2019.
- Participated in a workshop on Gender Sensitization with Special Emphasis on “Gender Budgeting at Higher Educational Institutions”, organized by Women Cell, Golaghat Zone, in collaboration with Assam College Teachers’ Association, Women Cell, on 8 March 2016.
- Participated in a workshop on “Implementation of Choice Based Credit System in Undergraduate Colleges of Dibrugarh University” organized by Departments of Mathematics and Statistics, Golaghat Commerce College, on 11February 2017.
- Participated in a workshop on “Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) & SWAYAM” organized by H.P.B. Girls’ College, Golaghat, on 25 April, 2019.
- Participated in a two day workshop on “Online Basic Training on Use of ICT in Teaching” organized by Teaching and Learning Centre, Tezpur University, on 20 and 2 April, 2020.
- Participated in a one week online Faculty Development Programme on “Teaching Pedagogy” organized by IQAC of Dr. R.K.B. Law College, Dibrugarh, Assam, in collaboration with Skillfinity and Teaching and Learning Centre, Tezpur University, from 22-28 June, 2020
- Participated in a five day online National Workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights” organized by IQACs of Kokrajhar Law College, Kokrajhar, and Dr. R.K.B. Law College, Dibrugarh, Assam, from 8-12 July, 2020.
Other Responsibility :
(i) Contributed in the capacity of Organizing Member in a UGC sponsored “National Workshop on Translation of Short Stories from English to Assamese”, organized by the Department of English, Debraj Roy College, Golaghat in collaboration with the Golaghat Branch of Natun Sahitya Parishad, Assam, on 15-17 September 2012.
(ii)Contributed in the capacity of Assistant Coordinator in a UGC sponsored National Workshop on “Indigenous Theatrical Practices of North East India” organized by the Department of English, Debraj Roy College, Golaghat, in collaboration with ‘We the People’, Golaghat, on 19-22 September 2017.
(iii)Contributed in the capacity of Organizing Member in day long Academic Discussion on the topic “Interrogating History in Assamese
Literature” sponsored by Sahitya Akademi Parishad and in collaboration with the Department of Assamese, D.R. College, Golaghat, on 26.03.2019.
(iv)Contributed in the capacity of Organizing Member in “Dr. Mohini Saikia Memorial Talk”, organized every year by the Department of English, Debraj Roy College, Golghat, on the occasion of College Foundation Day, September 1.
(v) Contributed in the capacity of Deputy Officer-in-Charge in conducting the Semester End Examination, November-December, 2013.
(vi) Involvement as Teacher In- charge of Social Service (Once), Girls’ Common Room (Twice), Magazine (Once) in D.R. College Student’s Union Body.
(vii) Member of Prateeti, Women Cell, D.R. College; Acted in the capacity of Editor for Prateeti Journal for two terms and as Assistant Secretary of the Cell from 2017-2019; presently working as the Secretary of the Cell. Active involvement in the Cell’s programmes organized for spreading awareness among students, esp. female students, and underprivileged women.
(viii) Served as Secretary, Prateeti, from 2019 to 2021
Membership in Professional Bodies/organization/Committees :
- Life Member of Forum of Contemporary Theory, Vadodara, India.
- Member of Popular Culture Association, Illinois, USA.
- Member of International Crime Fiction Association, Bath, UK.
- Member of Popular Culture Association. USA.
Extension Activities :